COVID 19 Updates and Procedures
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR NEXT VISIT TO OUR OFFICE
The safety of our patients and our staff is our priority so we have implemented some new procedures and protocols to help.
- Temperature Screening and Exposure Questionnaire: We will be using a touch-less thermometer to monitor temperatures of visitors and staff members as they enter the facility. You will also be asked to complete an exposure questionnaire electronically or verbally. Based on the results of these efforts you may be asked to reschedule/postpone your appointment and see your PCP for further testing.
- Social Distancing Efforts and PPE: in order to follow CDC guidelines, social distancing will be practiced through the following methods
- We are limiting the amount of guests to one per patient. The guest may be a caregiver of the patient or a parent of a minor patient.
- We are staggering appointments so that we can work effectively to clean work spaces between patients
- Our doors will be locked during our office hours and we will be operating by appointment only. Please text or call the office so that we can schedule your needs at the appropriate time. Instructions 901-867-5540
- We will offer curbside pickup for glasses and contacts. Please call or text when you reach the parking lot
- We will offer a virtual check-in. When you arrive for your appointment please text or call the office at Instructions 901-867-5540 so that you can wait safely in your car until the start of your appointment. We will call to get a history from the car.
- When you come into the clinic and after your temperature check, we will ask that you wash/sanitize your hands prior to going back to the examination rooms.
- We will be masked and we ask that you wear a mask. The mask that you use to go to the grocery store will be good enough. If you are unable to wear a mask at this time, we will ask you to reschedule/postpone to a time when the CDC says it is safe to be in public spaces without a mask.
- We will be offering dedicated appointment time slots for our vulnerable patients, giving you less exposure to the general population.
- For new and established patients, we will be implementing a new electronic paperwork platform for you to complete prior to your appointment. If you do not have access to a phone, tablet or computer to fill out your paperwork, please let us know so that we can either mail your paperwork to you or you may arrive 10 minutes early to fill out your paperwork.
- Disinfecting/Cleaning: We will continue to maintain a clean office environment. EPA approved disinfection products will be used on all equipment and surfaces including chairs, phones, computer keyboards and frames.
- Our goal is your safety: We are confident that our efforts will be the best protection for keeping you safe. We look forward to safely seeing you for your next visit.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and compliance with the COVID protocols. Be well!
The doctors and staff at Primary Eye Care of Arlington